Do you like to change hair color? And if you started in home coloring? Sensual blonde or spicy brunette, pastel pink or flaming red, there is plenty of choice in hair dyeing. But it is still necessary to master the basics to avoid stains and other worries of disgorging. How to make a success of your house color? Follow our advice for a perfect color!
1. How to choose your hair dye?
The first thing to define when one wants to color the hair oneself is the desired color.
The colors are classified according to a precise scale of tones, used by professionals. It distinguishes 10 main shades, ranging from the lightest shade to the darkest. To these nuances are added the reflections. The warm reflections (golden, copper, mahogany and red) are distinguished by the cold reflections (ash and iridescent).
To find out what kind of shade you can adopt, just look at the tables on the color boxes. They tell you in a simple way which colors are best suited to your natural shade.
2. Should a permanent or temporary coloring be preferred?
A temporary color fades between 6 and 8 shampoos and a tone-on-tone or semi-permanent coloration lasts 6 to 8 weeks. The permanent color, meanwhile, does not start: it is necessary to wait for the hair to regrow to regain its natural color.
It should be known that the first two types of staining do not contain ammonia, as they merely tint the hair. Therefore, they are products that damage the hair fiberless. However, they only partially cover white hair.
Only permanent coloring can both cover a large part of the white hair and darken or lighten.
3. Are there any precautions to take before house coloring?
– Check that you are not allergic to certain components of the product. Ammonia is a very toxic and harmful agent. It can irritate or burn some scalps.
– Avoid contact with the eyes as it is not a shampoo. After applying the coloring on the hair, rub your forehead and hands with half a lemon. This will allow you to wipe off the coloring that does not easily remove with the soap.
4. Succeed your hair color
- Before you start coloring all of your hair, make a test key 48 hours before. If this is your first time, this application on the skin will allow you to be sure that you are not allergic to the different products contained in the coloring that you want to use.
- Remember to prepare your mixture just before applying it.
- A little tip before coloring: Apply a moisturizing cream at the level of the implantation of your hair on the forehead and the temples. If you overflow a little, it will prevent the color is fixed on your skin and it will be easier to clean after.
- Follow the instructions for use (do not skip steps!) And do not forget the famous gloves.
For coloring all over the hair
If you dye your hair for the first time, you have no root. Spread the product evenly over the lengths and ends, leave for 10 minutes. Then apply the coloring mixture on the roots and allow the time indicated on the instructions. Rinse thoroughly after application.
For localized staining on the roots
Are your hair already colored and sensitized? Apply the coloring mixture only to the roots and leave on for 20 minutes. At the end of the break time, spread the entire product over the lengths and ends. Let stand for another 10 minutes.
When the break time is over, lather with a little warm water, mix, add a little warm water again, mix and rinse. Finish with a special colored hair shampoo.
5. How to take care of its color?
It is not because the “dying” step is now behind you that you should not maintain that pretty hair color that you are now sporting. For a beautiful mermaid mane and a longer lasting color, rely on proper care with shampoos and special colored hair masks to fix your color. At the editorial office, we love the Elseve Color-Vivemask.. Enriched with a protective elixir of color and UVA / UVB filters (handy for this summer!), It deeply nourishes the hair and sublimates the radiance of the color. To do once a week.
To complete your daily beauty routine , you can also bet on an oil like Extraordinary Oil for colored hair with 6 rare flower oils. Before shampooing, blow drying or simply finishing, it is ideal to keep a bright color.
6. The missteps to avoid for a nickel house coloring
– Avoid chaining discoloration and coloring because these processes damage the hair.
– Be careful with henna coloring, use only if you are sure of the color and the result. Henna stains do not catch up with classic stains. Chaining both is totally inadvisable. You must wait for the regrowth.
– If this is your first color, avoid choosing too aggressive or too dark a color, because you will need a time of adaptation to your new head.