If you’re looking for perfect physical, mental and spiritual harmony, you might find it in Qigong, the Chinese technique that combines very specific physical and meditation exercises. The famous Taoist Master, Mantak Chia , believes that practicing these exercises on a regular basis can not only improve your physical and mental health but also prolong an active lifestyle.
We at TheWebFry are always willing to learn new things and we want to share some of Qigong’s most popular exercises with you.
Masters believe that breathing by following a particular technique can improve your overall well-being and prolong your life.
- Slowly inhale through your nose and hold your breath for one or two seconds.
- Take another breath to fill the lungs to their maximum capacity.
- Hold your breath for one or two seconds and exhale through your mouth. Expires slowly and long.
This breathing technique balances the whole body and slows down the aging process considerably.
2. Warming up
Warming up is very important. It’s a preparation step and you should never skip it when you do your exercise routines.
- Relax your body completely.
- Fold your knees slightly and try to distribute the weight evenly on both legs.
- Start swinging your arms back and forth, then from one side to another.
3. Reinforced kidneys and back
This exercise strengthens your back and also stimulates kidney function.
- Stand straight with your feet together or at the shoulders, and point your toes forward.
- Lean forward slowly, without bending your knees.
- Look up and try to touch the floor as shown in the picture. If you do it well, you should feel that your waist muscles are stretching.
- Remain in this position for ten seconds, then slowly return to the initial position.
- Repeat this exercise six times.
4. Straighten your back
This exercise corrects your posture, improves your eyesight, and also helps strengthen and straighten your back. In addition, it improves the circulation of oxygen in the blood.
- Stand up straight and slowly lean your head back.
- Stay in this position for fifteen seconds and breathe deeply.
- Slowly bring your head back to the original position.
- Repeat up to six times and do this exercise several times a day.
5. Exercise to relieve stress
This exercise relaxes the whole body.
- Stand with your feet apart at shoulder height.
- Raise your hands to your chest with palms on your chest.
- Hold an arm completely.
- Bring your hands to the chest.
- Returns to the initial position.
- Repeat six times for each side.
6. Back stretching
This exercise is called “two hands that push the sky” and it increases the capacity of the lungs, providing energy to the body. In addition, it improves the functioning of the liver, kidneys, stomach and intestines.
- Stand upright and interlace your hands in front of you.
- Inspire and gently lift your arms over your head with your palms up.
- At the same time, stand on tiptoe. Expire and slowly lower your hands to return to the original position.
- Repeat six times.
Have you ever heard of Qigong before? Tell us in the comments what you think of these exercises. Share this article with your friends and family so they can live a long, active and healthy life.
Illustrator: Ekaterina Gapanovich for Sympa-sympa.com